Are you aware that you should be creating video content but don’t know where to start?
Here are some great video creation ideas for your business…
- First impression, welcome video
- Company announcement video
- Thank you video
- Answering FAQ and comments with a customer or client
- Myth-busting video
- Rant video
- Customer/client testimonial video or product review
- Product demonstration video
- Product comparison video – This vs That (don’t be overly negative), Cheap Product vs Expensive Product
- Screencast video – demonstrate how to use your product, software, app using a screen capture tool like Loom or Vimeo Screen Recorder
- Upload a user-submitted product video
- Tips & Tricks
- For Beginners
- Simple basic tutorial
- How-To series
- Advanced how-to video
- Whiteboard video
- How to get started ___
- Top Mistakes You Made When Starting ___
- 10-second feature demo video (if product is multi-functional)
- Value proposition video (highlight benefits of your product and how you differ from competition)
- Popular blog post turned into a video
- Your Routine (What I do in a day / What I eat in a day / What I spend in a day)
- Behind-the-scenes tour video
- How-it’s-made video
- First time experience
- Best Product Under $
- Shopping haul
- Gift ideas
- Unboxing videos
- Transformation video (before and after)
- Time lapse videos
- Reaction video
- Draw inspiration from popular videos
- Seasonal videos (creepy Halloween or holiday greetings from staff)
- Story Time
- Challenge video
- Written word to video
- Team member interview
- Interview with an industry expert
- Man-on-the-street video – asking passers-by questions
- Interview Clips
- Life Hacks
- How ___ Did Something
- Do’s & Don’ts
- News About Trending Topics
- What’s In My Bag/Backpack
- Live Stream (Q&A)
- Live Stream Highlights
- Giveaways – announce competitions and giveaways with a video on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Offer video
- I Did ___ For A Month, This Is What Happened
- Top Apps I Use on My Phone
- How I Dealt With ___
- How to Make Money
- Top Ten _____
- Top Books
- Webinar invitation
- Video podcast
- Channel trailer
BONUS TIP 1:
Get a RING LIGHT – Good lighting is essential
Comes with a remote control.
Gives a beautiful, flattering and professional lighting setup for both images and video shot on a phone/computer.
I use this light my face on Zoom calls, Facetime and to record Loom videos.
Get it delivered tomorrow! $29.99 on Amazon
I may receive an Amazon affiliate commission if you click my link.
Plan Your Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube Videos
Plan ahead, get an early start on your promo videos for seasonal items. For instance, do not wait until the week before Thanksgiving to create a video that promotes any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, gift ideas or holiday products.
Major brands plan their content calendar and create their videos and ads at least 6 months in advance of an event/holiday and begin to market/promote at least 6 weeks before the event. Don’t wait until the last minute!
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO TO YOUTUBE
After you have created your video upload it to your YouTube channel but make sure you give it a good title with keywords in it. Watch this Hubspot video to learn how to title your videos and write a good description so it has a better chance of being found in Google and YouTube when someone searches for the subject of your video.
A Guide on How To Rank Your Videos on YouTube Search
EMBED/SHARE YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO ON YOUR WEBSITE
After you have uploaded your video to YouTube you should embed it on your website to get even more views.
Note: never upload a video directly to your website, instead always upload to Youtube first then embed it on your site so it plays in YouTube. Videos are way too big for a website to handle and you may crash the site or make it extremely slow to load.